Need Software to Wipe Hard Drive Clean

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
Is there any software out there that will wipe a hard drive completly clean? if so what is it?

thanks for your help.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
Re: Hard Drive

correct, it writes binary code to the hard drive, so when the fbi knocks down your door they wont be able to find anything.

But it takes a while, likes hours, so i hope they aren't outside right now. cause your sol.

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
Re: Hard Drive

LMAO.. hahahah.. nooooo thats not the problem. i want to give away some old HD's but didn't want to give them out if some of my more sensitive data could be restored.. Passwords. banking stuff..

that was funny though.

Drexler

OSNN One Post Wonder
If you are trying to overwrite areas with out wiping out the entire drive, there is other software. If you use the text file method you need to check out the end of the file with a raw hex editor that can look past the EOF character in the file. I've seen data in sectors past the end of the EOF mark that was the original data on the disk. Magic Backup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barrous