need immediate help

Good to hear it cam. I didn't know if you got my message. I'm glad you got it figured out. :)

Hey cam: check this thread

Yeah, I am glad it is sorted.
We all been feelin for you cam.

now let us take bets as to whether or not amd will send me a new one after i already sent it back once and now its fried.

cam

chapter 34: the brand new (yes the 2nd one) duron 1.3

went to tampa today and bought:

duron 1.3ghz chip with a coolermaster fan/heatsink
256mb sdram

CHECKED, DOUBLECHECKED, TRIPLECHECKED to make sure there was no paper between the heatsink and core :)

bolted it down with ONLY the felt screws.

and she doesnt even turn on.

somebody please, this is too much. when i die im goin straight to heaven cos i already spent my time in hell.

cam

OK, so I am thinking, test the new CPU in another PC.

Actually, I would test each individual component in another PC, that you arent bothered about dying. If they all check out then test with combinations of two components from the ill PC.
Then if you still cant get things to work in your favour, I would sell the individual components, to other people, let no two of the components go to the same person. The go out and buy completely new components and try again, or go to a shop and get a custom one done, or buy a Dell, Compaq, IBM or whatever.

I really am sorry, I wish we could help out getting it sorted. You could also try taking it to a PC diagnostic place, they will have plenty of alternative components left over to get the thingn working, might cost you a bit, but once it is working, it will be worth it, if you do get it fixed, then let us know what was screwing it up, I think bye now we would all love to know what had us all so stumped.

Cam,

Your'e to wrapped up in this you now can't see the wood for the trees. :)

Why don't you take Xsivforces offer up and get him to help you. Two minds are better than one.

By now I'd have probably thrown the lot out the window !!!

Cam, the offer still stands. I'm not sure I can come to Lakeland for a while, but you are welcome to bring your machine up to DeLand and we can have a look at it. Just let me know. My weekends are pretty much available in the afternoons.
X

I need to break my computer so someone will come fix it ;)

gentlemen..

I AM POSTING FROM THE 1.3 GHZ MACHINE!

excuse me while i orgasm.

ahem

okay, i had my friend come over, faulty psu. its working its working its working its working.

wahoooooo!

cam

OMG !!!

zparty.gif

lol, yes. thanks :)

i think we should petition the admins to store this thread away in the annals of xp-erience.org history =)

- cam

wow, well done, i jus finished readin all of the thread from day 1 upto 2day + i have 2 tell u well done 4 stickin in there some 1 should publish the thread cus it makes great readin!!!!

Glad to hear it.
But one question, you tired the PSU before. Was that not helping that time as the CPU and or Mobo were screwed as well?

Glad you got it working though.

This should def be stored, shows how good we all are, sort of.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I need to break my computer so someone will come fix it ;)

I'd be happy to shoot down there and fix *whatever* you have that needs attention....;) :p:D

gt, i think the psu died somewhere in the middle of all this. dont tell me how.

during the initial phases of this bs operation i cross tested my two power supplies and each performed fine on each other, of course the dead psu only had to power up a pII 350, who knows.

cam

your system would not boot with a bad processor, it would stop at the bios post test.

hahah pretty funny, i like the cindy crawford line

"yeah she looked like cindy crawford..
cindy crawford..nothing rhymes with cindy crawford after

NINE CORONAS

Office XP

Hi all
Can anyone tell me where the Reg Wizard in Office XP is located or how I can get rid of it?

Thanks a ton
Aloha
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back