• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need help with an excel formula

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I am having trouble creating a formula for an excel spreadsheet that I am working on.

Here goes. I would like to input a number into cell AK-26, this value is anything between 70-90 & 485-620. If I input this value into that cell, then I would like the word "ACCEPT" to show up in cell AP-26.

If there is any other number outside those two ranges mentioned above that is inputed into AK-26, then I would like the word "REJECT" to show up in cell AP-26.

If AK-26 is left blank, then nothing is going to show up in AP-26.

Hopefully someone knows enough of this that can help me.

Thanks.

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Create a conditional format, Format>conditional format and select the conditions and enther the ranges. In the Format Cell dialog box, enter teh format you wnat the cell to take when the condition is met.

ming

OSNN Advanced
er... Well, I've come up with a formula for your question. Not 100% sure it's correct, but I did spend quite a bit or time trying to figure out where the "IF", "AND", "OR" logical tests fit in with each other.

Here's what I've come up with (see pic). I'd suggest you change the cell numbers in the formula to fit your requirements.

Attachments

Last edited:

ming

OSNN Advanced
No probs, mate.

It gave me something to think about. Now we both know a bit more about how to use formulaes in excel. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies