Need help with an excel formula

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I am having trouble creating a formula for an excel spreadsheet that I am working on.

Here goes. I would like to input a number into cell AK-26, this value is anything between 70-90 & 485-620. If I input this value into that cell, then I would like the word "ACCEPT" to show up in cell AP-26.

If there is any other number outside those two ranges mentioned above that is inputed into AK-26, then I would like the word "REJECT" to show up in cell AP-26.

If AK-26 is left blank, then nothing is going to show up in AP-26.

Hopefully someone knows enough of this that can help me.

Thanks.

Create a conditional format, Format>conditional format and select the conditions and enther the ranges. In the Format Cell dialog box, enter teh format you wnat the cell to take when the condition is met.

er... Well, I've come up with a formula for your question. Not 100% sure it's correct, but I did spend quite a bit or time trying to figure out where the "IF", "AND", "OR" logical tests fit in with each other.

Here's what I've come up with (see pic). I'd suggest you change the cell numbers in the formula to fit your requirements.

Attachments

• Excel formula.jpg
    Excel formula.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Excel formula2.jpg
    Excel formula2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Awesome, Ming,

Thanks a whole bunch for your help, That did it.

Thanks again,

Heeter

No probs, mate.

It gave me something to think about. Now we both know a bit more about how to use formulaes in excel. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back