Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

today i went to a friend after college and he happened to purchase a game as well. so we tried it on his good computer, i really dont remmeber specs but something like this 1.8Mhz gforce 4 something 256ram?. something in that area and we've been able to set car detail and world detail to highest settings and efects to almost highest. the rearview mirror was also enabled for him. and btw we ran it at 800x600 resolution and it was going pretty smooth.

Yeah, it run's pretty sweet on my system aswell :)

Sustem Specs:
- AMD Duron 1.2GHz
- 768MB PC133 SDRAM
- GeForceII MX400 AGP
- Sounblaster Live Value
- Windows XP

Game Settings:
- Max detail on everything
- 800x600 res

= 50 FPS w/ full grid, traffic, police.
Thats pretty good in my book's since my GFII is my only real bottle neck.

I think EA Seattle did an exilant job considering they only had 9 months to compleat a working PC version before being shut down. NFS:HP2 could be thought of as they're legacey.

well i got amd 900mhx, riva tnt 2 64, 196mb. and i cant get max details and special effects. i can only get one lower. and i cant get rearview mirror, it's just greyed out on my machine and i run it at 600x480. it does go prety smooth, but i also want the rearview mirror, just cant get it :(. maybe there will be some tweak or patch later on

Im running it at 800x600 on my P4 1.6 Intell P with 256Msdram with 64Meg GforceII with xp home without a problem but after seeing my m8's gforce4 on 1024x768 im going to upgrade my vid cause this game rocks.:D

hey Old_Snowy what are you gona do with your old video card after upgrade?

well i rented it for Gamecube and the overal gameplay was better than most NFS games on PSX that i have lol and ofcourse it looked better than all of em i only wish that it had the ability to upgrade the cars like in High stakes otherwise im probably gonna end up buyin this one unless burnout 2 comes out before i can get this one... the levels are great and the damn cops are smarter and harder than the 1st one even the helecopter is mean lol Drops land mines in road for you wich if you can avoid them and are near other cars can help you more than hurt
Ok thats what i think of the GC ver lol aint tried the pc ver yet but never know i might since i already like the game for GC..

I kinda get a laugh from controlling a car that seems to have no driver...

??

You are using the PC version, right? The demo version I am playing for the PC does have drivers with both the Porsche and the Ferrari.

One thing I didn't like as much as NFS5 is the controller setup. In NFS5, you could adjust the "dead zone" as well as calibrate the max values (for analog controllers of course) and then test the settings. In NFS6, it looks like you can only adjust the dead zone, but nothing else, and then you cannot test the settings until you are in a game.

Also, the handling IS different from NFS5. The cars seems to have a delay when turning. I'll turn the controller and the tires will turn a moment later. Doesn't exactly lend itself to an accurate "feel" for the road.

Hopefully the full version is a bit better.

for all you worring about the driver. you have to go to opptions and set car details(i think) to high, then it'll give u the driver, because it's low by default .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back