• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN Messenger 6 now out

O

oenbat2001

Goto:

http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/

But i have a few queries (I am using Windows XP)

1/ How do i stop Outlook Express automatically opening Messenger 4.7 which is built into XP.

2/ How can i get my Messenger contacts to appear in Outlook Express the way they currently do for Mesenger 4.7.

3/ My Mesenger 6 looks OK but for some reason i have nothing in my Help menu.

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Not sure I follow all your questions - when I downloaded and installed MSN Messenegr 6 it came up by itself and loaded all my contacts from Windows Messenger in it and also left the contacts in my OE!

Let me try to explain:

You can only run MSN Messenger 6 or Windows Messenger - if you only have one Passport Account.

In order to run both at the same time you must have two Passport Accounts.

What I did for mine to bring up MSN 6 was log into it - allowing my Passport account to sign-in thru it and it automatically signed out of Windows Messenger! From then on - as long as I did not go back and log into Windows Messenger - it started up with MSN 6 active.

For me - it doesn't matter which one I am logged into my OE still displays all the same contacts in either one!

I guess my question to you would be - are you sure you are logged into MSN 6?

Hope this shed some light on this matter for you! Keep us posted!

O

oenbat2001

Are you running XP ? No they do not run at the same time. After i run Messenger 6, Messenger 4.7 starts up and terminates Messenger 6. Both Messengers share the same contact data.

I cannot get my messenger contacts to appear in Outlook Express when M6 is running but can if M4.7 is running.

O

oenbat2001

I did a search on old posts here on MSN MEssenger and picked up on previous advice to run:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

to remove M4.7 which i have done and M47 has now gone.

The only issue i have left is that the messenger contacts when running M6 do not appear in Outlook Express as they used to when I ran M4.7.

O

oenbat2001

No firewall, but as i said, i have now killed M4.7 but my only issue is that my messenger contacts with M6 runing aren't listed in Outlook Express the way they used to with M4.7.

O

ordeth51

if you have nothing in your help menu, that means you have a
BETA version.. the final version is already out..
goto their website and put it on the DL!

O

oenbat2001

I previously had the beta version and upgraded to the final version. Then, in an effort to get the help stuff i uninstalled M6 using Add Remove programs in Control Panel of XP and did a fresh install but still no help.

L

lechtard

when you uninstalled it did you check to make sure everything was gone: The Reg entry, program files and such ??? If not that could pose a prob also ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies