MSN Messenger 6 now out

O

oenbat2001

Goto:

http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/

But i have a few queries (I am using Windows XP)

1/ How do i stop Outlook Express automatically opening Messenger 4.7 which is built into XP.

2/ How can i get my Messenger contacts to appear in Outlook Express the way they currently do for Mesenger 4.7.

3/ My Mesenger 6 looks OK but for some reason i have nothing in my Help menu.

1/ Tool>Options ...somewhere in there under the General tab i think. Might be wrong ;)

2/ 3/ dunno!

Not sure I follow all your questions - when I downloaded and installed MSN Messenegr 6 it came up by itself and loaded all my contacts from Windows Messenger in it and also left the contacts in my OE!

Let me try to explain:

You can only run MSN Messenger 6 or Windows Messenger - if you only have one Passport Account.

In order to run both at the same time you must have two Passport Accounts.

What I did for mine to bring up MSN 6 was log into it - allowing my Passport account to sign-in thru it and it automatically signed out of Windows Messenger! From then on - as long as I did not go back and log into Windows Messenger - it started up with MSN 6 active.

For me - it doesn't matter which one I am logged into my OE still displays all the same contacts in either one!

I guess my question to you would be - are you sure you are logged into MSN 6?

Hope this shed some light on this matter for you! Keep us posted!

Are you running XP ? No they do not run at the same time. After i run Messenger 6, Messenger 4.7 starts up and terminates Messenger 6. Both Messengers share the same contact data.

I cannot get my messenger contacts to appear in Outlook Express when M6 is running but can if M4.7 is running.

I did a search on old posts here on MSN MEssenger and picked up on previous advice to run:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

to remove M4.7 which i have done and M47 has now gone.

The only issue i have left is that the messenger contacts when running M6 do not appear in Outlook Express as they used to when I ran M4.7.

Are you running a firewall? I have Windows Messengers "not allowed internet access" and MSN 6 "allowed" under ZA!

No firewall, but as i said, i have now killed M4.7 but my only issue is that my messenger contacts with M6 runing aren't listed in Outlook Express the way they used to with M4.7.

if you have nothing in your help menu, that means you have a
BETA version.. the final version is already out..
goto their website and put it on the DL!

I previously had the beta version and upgraded to the final version. Then, in an effort to get the help stuff i uninstalled M6 using Add Remove programs in Control Panel of XP and did a fresh install but still no help.

when you uninstalled it did you check to make sure everything was gone: The Reg entry, program files and such ??? If not that could pose a prob also ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back