• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

msn and update

A warning and a request for help. The update window came up and it reinstalled msn messenger. The sysoc.inf didnt change with the "hide" still removed but it is no loner in the ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS/WINDOWS COMPONENTS. If any one can help me to redelete this program it would be Thankfull.

jw50

OSNN Senior Addict
I think you should take this as a warning that you really shouldn't try to delete messenger. Just disable it and forget about it. If you delete it again then windows update will see that you do not have a critical update installed and replace it every time you delete it. It doesn't take up that much disk space to go to that much trouble.

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Originally posted by jw50
If you delete it again then windows update will see that you do not have a critical update installed and replace it every time you delete it.
Just remember that you can choose not to install all updates.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
I got updates, without a reinstall of messenger.

to uninstall messenger;

windows key+r...paste the following

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Press ENTER
Restart Windows

the little bubble window above the systray said an update was needed. t didnt tell me what it was and just downloaded it. after the reboot it was back.

I found where i went wrong with the auto updates. When the bubble window opens and you click on it you can hit the detail button and uncheck any messenger updates. Thank You again for your help. how i found this out is i deleted it again and it gave me another update notice for the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies