msn and update

Dreamss

OSNN Addict
A warning and a request for help. The update window came up and it reinstalled msn messenger. The sysoc.inf didnt change with the "hide" still removed but it is no loner in the ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS/WINDOWS COMPONENTS. If any one can help me to redelete this program it would be Thankfull.

I think you should take this as a warning that you really shouldn't try to delete messenger. Just disable it and forget about it. If you delete it again then windows update will see that you do not have a critical update installed and replace it every time you delete it. It doesn't take up that much disk space to go to that much trouble.

Originally posted by jw50
If you delete it again then windows update will see that you do not have a critical update installed and replace it every time you delete it.
Just remember that you can choose not to install all updates.

I got updates, without a reinstall of messenger.

to uninstall messenger;

windows key+r...paste the following

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Press ENTER
Restart Windows

welcome Dreamss

gotta ask...why'd you install the messenger update, if you dissabled messenger?

the little bubble window above the systray said an update was needed. t didnt tell me what it was and just downloaded it. after the reboot it was back.

you must dissable automatic updates, just visit the site once in a while

I found where i went wrong with the auto updates. When the bubble window opens and you click on it you can hit the detail button and uncheck any messenger updates. Thank You again for your help. how i found this out is i deleted it again and it gave me another update notice for the same thing.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back