Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

Basically, but its intergrated, so you get instant preview i think and stuff like that.

Its dreamweaver free, and open source!

favicons in firebird

for some reason, Firebird is slowly loosing the ability to remember my favicons, seemingly one by one and randomly. Whenever I restart firebird, another icon is not displayed. Is there a way to "reset" the favicon database?

Thanks on advance. EJ

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

Clearing the cache clears out the favicons of all your bookmarks. Give that a shot, and see if it helps :)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Clearing the cache clears out the favicons of all your bookmarks. Give that a shot, and see if it helps :)

I tried, but it did not help. :( any other tips?

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
I tried, but it did not help. :( any other tips?

You could try installing this extension to see what it can do. I haven't ever used it before, so I don't know if it'll solve the problem, but I guess it's worth a shot.

"Things they left out"
"More Options" appears under the tools menu. There are panels for Languages, MIME-types, security certificates, http, locale, debugging, and networking. You are also able to configure favicons, image resizing, smooth scrolling, and Find as you Type.

- http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions/#ttlo

reads like a great idea, but I get a lot of gobberish on my screen when I click the install link..... :( :( :(

Originally posted by NetRyder
You could try installing this extension to see what it can do. I haven't ever used it before, so I don't know if it'll solve the problem, but I guess it's worth a shot.

"Things they left out"
"More Options" appears under the tools menu. There are panels for Languages, MIME-types, security certificates, http, locale, debugging, and networking. You are also able to configure favicons, image resizing, smooth scrolling, and Find as you Type.

- http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions/#ttlo

Hmm that's odd...it's just an XPI file. You should get the little install dialog box.

Hmmm, I don't really like it :confused: Guess I'm alone on that one? :D

It's actually for the Mozilla browser, not Firebird...hence, the dinosaur and not the bird. ;)
SPeedY: You're not alone on that one. I don't really like it too much either.

This is what I use on my dock:
attachment.php

The one above that NetRyder posted is the one I have been using. I haven't switched to the new one yet because I'm not sure that I like it as much. I do like it though, just to set the record straight. :)

The front page is back to its old tricks again, stretching out on Firebird. I didn't change a thing with the browser either... is this issue recurring for anyone else?

for me sometimes happens sometimes dont and sometimes it just goes away after i hit f5.......

firebird is.... slow.. compared to msie
.. I always used to use it before, but now it just takes so long to load it. Does everyone else (on windows) feel that FireBird is much slower loading than IE.

I know that IE is basically Explorer.exe....

... I am looking for a point in my last post, but I can't seem to find it.

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back