This build (and possibly some of the older builds) has a feature where-by you can click the middle mouse button, and then just mose the mouse to scroll up and down, while some may find it a nice new addition, and possibly even usefull, I think it's plain annoying.
Does anyon know how to turn it off? (I can't see anything in about:config and the damned filter doesn't work yet)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030721 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
The middle click to open links in a new tab still works, SpeedY. The thing is, if you middle click a hyperlink, it opens in a new tab. If you middle click anywhere else on the page (not a link), it activates auto-scroll. At least that's how it's supposed to work. The 20030714 build might have a little bug related to this. You could try getting the latest nightly.
What about when you click a hyperlink?
If you're using Mozilla, you need to set it in Preferences so that the middle-click opens the link in the new tab. I don't have Mozilla installed at the moment, so I don't remember exactly where the option was.
If you're using Firebird, middle clicking a link should open it in a new tab.
* Autoscrolling is the ability to make your page scroll automatically. Speed and scrolling direction are controlled by the mouse pointer position relative to the initial marker. If you're not familiar with this extension, click here to get more information.
* To initiate the autoscrolling feature, click the middle button. If there is something to scroll, the marker will appear. Then mouse movements will make your page scroll. Another click on the middle button stops the operation.
* Autoscrolling can be disabled / enabled through the extension Settings.
* Compared to the original code, the following enhancements have been made:
* a pseudo-logarithmic algorithm is used to smooth the scrolling speed.
* detection whether there is something to scroll has been enhanced.
* hang, occuring when autoscrolling is initiated during page load, has been hacked.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS