Mozilla Firebird Auto-Scroll

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030714 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

This build (and possibly some of the older builds) has a feature where-by you can click the middle mouse button, and then just mose the mouse to scroll up and down, while some may find it a nice new addition, and possibly even usefull, I think it's plain annoying.

Does anyon know how to turn it off? (I can't see anything in about:config and the damned filter doesn't work yet)

IE has that, it is annoying. No idea how to turn it off though as my build of Firebird doesnt have it. sorry mate

Get the latest nightly then ;) - Handy Link™

I don't mind it so much in IE as the middle button doesn't have another function, but in Firebird it opens new tabs for me :D

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030721 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

The middle click to open links in a new tab still works, SpeedY. The thing is, if you middle click a hyperlink, it opens in a new tab. If you middle click anywhere else on the page (not a link), it activates auto-scroll. At least that's how it's supposed to work. The 20030714 build might have a little bug related to this. You could try getting the latest nightly. :)

Depends on what kind of mouse you have. Most Logitech and MS mice I've seen have a clickable scroll wheel.

Hmm, so it does. Only give me a round white circle and doens't do anything

What about when you click a hyperlink?
If you're using Mozilla, you need to set it in Preferences so that the middle-click opens the link in the new tab. I don't have Mozilla installed at the moment, so I don't remember exactly where the option was.
If you're using Firebird, middle clicking a link should open it in a new tab.

SPeedY_B, for you...

Smooth Scrolling

Mozilla Firebird 0.6 has a Smooth Scrolling feature enabled by default. Later nightly builds have the feature disabled. To enable or disable this feature, add the following code to your user.js file:

// Smooth Scrolling (true = on, false = off):
user_pref("general.smoothScroll", true);
or...

// Smooth Scrolling (true = on, false = off):
user_pref("general.smoothScroll", false);

[edit] It may not be the fix you need.

O.K.

Mozilla Firebird now includes mousewheel autoscroll functionality. It makes use of code from the AutoScroll project on mozdev.

It use to be an addon.

The component is autoscroll.xpi

Also this from...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marc.boullet/ext/extensions-en.html

Autoscrolling

* Autoscrolling is the ability to make your page scroll automatically. Speed and scrolling direction are controlled by the mouse pointer position relative to the initial marker. If you're not familiar with this extension, click here to get more information.
* To initiate the autoscrolling feature, click the middle button. If there is something to scroll, the marker will appear. Then mouse movements will make your page scroll. Another click on the middle button stops the operation.
* Autoscrolling can be disabled / enabled through the extension Settings.
* Compared to the original code, the following enhancements have been made:
  • * a pseudo-logarithmic algorithm is used to smooth the scrolling speed.
    * detection whether there is something to scroll has been enhanced.
    * hang, occuring when autoscrolling is initiated during page load, has been hacked.
But this may be old. Try doing a search on your HDD for autoscroll.xpi to see if it's there. Maybe remove it??? :p

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Only give me a round white circle and doens't do anything

When you click it and see the circle, move the mouse up and down for scrolling fun :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back