• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Movie Review] The Social Network

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
Right up there with Inception.

Seriously, it is fantastic all the way around. David Fincher is one of the best directors working today, Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg is incredible. Everyone is incredible. Even Justin Timberlake as Shawn Parker. One quick note, my nerd rage spiked when they said Shawn Parker invented Napster. I didn't understand why they could use everyone elses real names but not Shawn Fanning. So I Googled it, Shawn Parker was Fanning's business partner and cofounder of Napster. So the movie did get it right. Anyway, Timberlake plays a huge jerk. The kind of guy who makes Zuckerberg look like a decent guy. Timberlake owns the role, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Best Supporting Actor nomination come his way. This would go along with a sure bet Best Screenplay nomination for Aaron Sorkin and probably best Direction for Fincher. I said above the I loved Jesse Eisenberg as well. He is great in this role. However he has a bit of the Michael Cera syndrome working for him right now, he just plays the same part repeatedly. He does it extremely well, so no complaints here. Last but not least, play close attention to the music. Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor did the score. And it's perfect throughout. It sort of reminds me of the work the Dust Brothers did in Fight Club.

Enough gushing.

4.5 / 5 OSNN Stars.

Go see it!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Sounds to be a waste of time... Just like Facebook, imagine that.

Ya wanna be social? Go out and meet people.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy