[Movie Review] The Social Network

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Right up there with Inception.

Seriously, it is fantastic all the way around. David Fincher is one of the best directors working today, Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg is incredible. Everyone is incredible. Even Justin Timberlake as Shawn Parker. One quick note, my nerd rage spiked when they said Shawn Parker invented Napster. I didn't understand why they could use everyone elses real names but not Shawn Fanning. So I Googled it, Shawn Parker was Fanning's business partner and cofounder of Napster. So the movie did get it right. Anyway, Timberlake plays a huge jerk. The kind of guy who makes Zuckerberg look like a decent guy. Timberlake owns the role, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Best Supporting Actor nomination come his way. This would go along with a sure bet Best Screenplay nomination for Aaron Sorkin and probably best Direction for Fincher. I said above the I loved Jesse Eisenberg as well. He is great in this role. However he has a bit of the Michael Cera syndrome working for him right now, he just plays the same part repeatedly. He does it extremely well, so no complaints here. Last but not least, play close attention to the music. Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor did the score. And it's perfect throughout. It sort of reminds me of the work the Dust Brothers did in Fight Club.

Enough gushing.

4.5 / 5 OSNN Stars.

Go see it!

Mark Zuckerburg was blasting it, saying it was false and inaccurate.

I must go watch this.....not :laugh: Sounds particulary boring to me

was not going to see this till your review bouncing soul, thanx for the thread

Sounds to be a waste of time... Just like Facebook, imagine that.

Ya wanna be social? Go out and meet people.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back