Mounting a Windows WinCE.NET Device in OS X?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have recently become the owner of a GPS device, which runs the WinCE.NET operating system. To update various files (Maps, POI's, Nefarious Hackery, etc) access to the file system is required.

Hooking the device up to our Vista machine pops open a lovely helper to sync details (Not needed) however, also mounts the device in explorer giving easy access to all the files and folders. Does anyone know if this is possible on OS X?

I shudder to recall the meer thought of it, but MissingSync might be an option here.

cant you mount it as a hdd ?
Nope, that's exactly what I'm asking ;)

I shudder to recall the meer thought of it, but MissingSync might be an option here.
From what I can tell MissingSync is more for mobile devices, and is used for sync'ing content (Contacts and the like).

Yes but it also lets you install applications an mount the device as an external drive

Superb! I don't really need the app install feature, just access to the files.

I was hoping that there would be a nice bit of FOSS which would cut out all the rubbish and just let me mount the device though.

It has to be said, MissingSync is the most hideous piece of Mac software I've ever come across... and I made SeaMoose!

It wasn't able to mount the SatNav as a drive, it just attempted to connect over and over without success whilst making the device squeal like a pig (Seems to be a horrid screech it makes when connecting to a PC, though it only does it once when connecting to Vista :)).

p.s. yes, this app is a joke... it works, but it's not a serious application ;-)

I hate MissingSync with a passion, its the worst piece of turd to ever grace the Mac platform.

Guess I'm stuck using the Vista machine then. I was really hoping someone had devised an app/driver just to mount the file-system, rather than all this un-necessary sync'ing nonsense.

Guess I'm stuck using the Vista machine then. I was really hoping someone had devised an app/driver just to mount the file-system, rather than all this un-necessary sync'ing nonsense.

One would hope so :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back