Mounting a Windows WinCE.NET Device in OS X?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have recently become the owner of a GPS device, which runs the WinCE.NET operating system. To update various files (Maps, POI's, Nefarious Hackery, etc) access to the file system is required.

Hooking the device up to our Vista machine pops open a lovely helper to sync details (Not needed) however, also mounts the device in explorer giving easy access to all the files and folders. Does anyone know if this is possible on OS X?

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I shudder to recall the meer thought of it, but MissingSync might be an option here.

SPeedY_B

cant you mount it as a hdd ?
Nope, that's exactly what I'm asking ;)

I shudder to recall the meer thought of it, but MissingSync might be an option here.
From what I can tell MissingSync is more for mobile devices, and is used for sync'ing content (Contacts and the like).

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Yes but it also lets you install applications an mount the device as an external drive

SPeedY_B

Superb! I don't really need the app install feature, just access to the files.

I was hoping that there would be a nice bit of FOSS which would cut out all the rubbish and just let me mount the device though.

SPeedY_B

It has to be said, MissingSync is the most hideous piece of Mac software I've ever come across... and I made SeaMoose!

It wasn't able to mount the SatNav as a drive, it just attempted to connect over and over without success whilst making the device squeal like a pig (Seems to be a horrid screech it makes when connecting to a PC, though it only does it once when connecting to Vista :)).

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
p.s. yes, this app is a joke... it works, but it's not a serious application ;-)

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I hate MissingSync with a passion, its the worst piece of turd to ever grace the Mac platform.

SPeedY_B

Guess I'm stuck using the Vista machine then. I was really hoping someone had devised an app/driver just to mount the file-system, rather than all this un-necessary sync'ing nonsense.

X-Istence

Political Access
Guess I'm stuck using the Vista machine then. I was really hoping someone had devised an app/driver just to mount the file-system, rather than all this un-necessary sync'ing nonsense.

One would hope so :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee