• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Microsoft Research prototypes...

Here's a great little video from Microsoft Research's VIBE (Visualization, Interaction, Business and Entertainment) group that highlights just some of neat stuff they're working on.

I really liked all the ideas that they showcased - some rather significant useability enhancements in there.
Wonder if we'll see any of this stuff in Longhorn? This is the kind of stuff I'd really like to see.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=14162

Wow. ... wow. I am particularly drooling for the new multi-task organization system, and the beautiful media library... wow. I hope to see some of that stuff in future versions

nice find, NetRyder :)

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
how big r the videos? r they worth downloading? I have dial up and right now i cant connect no more the 21bps cause it rained earlier.

They're WM9 streaming videos, so they'll buffer while you're watching them.
I'd say they're well worth watching.

NerdUprising said:
Wow. ... wow. I am particularly drooling for the new multi-task organization system, and the beautiful media library... wow. I hope to see some of that stuff in future versions

nice find, NetRyder :)
Thanks

If you notice the end of the second video, the guy mentions how the media browser is being built to tie in with Avalon, which is the graphics and presentation pillar of Longhorn. Leads me to believe we should be seeing stuff like this come 2006.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies