Microsoft Research prototypes...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Here's a great little video from Microsoft Research's VIBE (Visualization, Interaction, Business and Entertainment) group that highlights just some of neat stuff they're working on.

I really liked all the ideas that they showcased - some rather significant useability enhancements in there.
Wonder if we'll see any of this stuff in Longhorn? This is the kind of stuff I'd really like to see.
smile.gif

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=14162

Wow. ... wow. I am particularly drooling for the new multi-task organization system, and the beautiful media library... wow. I hope to see some of that stuff in future versions

nice find, NetRyder :)

how big r the videos? r they worth downloading? I have dial up and right now i cant connect no more the 21bps cause it rained earlier.

They're WM9 streaming videos, so they'll buffer while you're watching them.
I'd say they're well worth watching.
smile.gif

NerdUprising said:
Wow. ... wow. I am particularly drooling for the new multi-task organization system, and the beautiful media library... wow. I hope to see some of that stuff in future versions

nice find, NetRyder :)
Thanks
smile.gif

If you notice the end of the second video, the guy mentions how the media browser is being built to tie in with Avalon, which is the graphics and presentation pillar of Longhorn. Leads me to believe we should be seeing stuff like this come 2006.

Not yet, but I will when I get a chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back