Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 + Adobe Acrobat 6.0

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Does anyone know how to turn off the toolbar "Attach as Adobe PDF" (see attached image)? I have attempted to uncheck the box for the toolbar to load and I have even deleted the toolbar (Tools, Customize) but it reloads and reappears on its own.

I am using Word to edit/type my emails (Tools, Options, Mail Format) and I have attempted to disable the PDFMaker.DOT template from loading on startup with Word but this seems to have no affect on the Attach as Adobe PDF button/toolbar.

I was unable to find any thing on the Adobe support site or on Google.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
madmatt!!!!

great to see you man.

I don't use either of those programs, so I can't help

but I think I'm going to start using word

anyway, great to see you.

hey..do you remember making that shutdown dialuge thingy?...I forgot how we finally did that...you still have that info?

I use both of those programs, but i don't have that option in my email messages. nor can i find any where to turn it on/off

is there anything in the word startup folder ? C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

also i found this
After you installed Adobe Acrobat 6 you find that you have a new button on the New Mail toolbar in Outlook and even if you remove it it comes back.

Start the Registry Editor (go to Start, Run and type Regedt32). Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\PDFMOutlook.PDFMOutlook\. Find the REG_DWORD value LoadBehavior. The value is set to 3 =the button is visible in the Outlook toolbar. Set the value to 0 =the button will not show in the toolbar the next time you want to send an e-mail. You can always reset the value to 3 if you want the button to reappear in the toolbar.

Hey Perris. How are you? When I get home from work I will look for the shutdown dialog information (I have it some where).

Khayman, thank you very much. THat did the trick. Thanks again.

About time you showed your face back around these parts.

*hands matt a cookie.

thanks for the tip Khayman, was wonder if there was a way to get rid of but never got around to looking

fix for attach as adobe

I too ran into this problem and it was of great annoyance because of the placement and it also caused this warning to appear every time I launched an email:
Warning "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses..." occurs in Outlook when you create a new message (Acrobat 6.x)

I tried the Adobe site and found this link, but Adobe didn't tell us how to remove it from appearing: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330069.html

The solution is to search for PDFMOutlook.dll on your machine. It's probably located here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\PDFMaker\Mail\Outlook

Once you find it rename it PDFMOutlook.dllold and your problem is solved.:)

Brian

the tip from Khayman still works for version 7.x, have not tired the dll trick though

thanks again Khayman

Cooll, almost 2 year old tip still going strong :)

It still works. I use it for Acrobat 7.0 Professional on three boxes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back