Memory has gone missing

sy64004

OSNN Addict
Can anyone help. I recently upgraded my hard drive and CPU fan. I reinstalled windows XP and my memory went from 512 to 256 MB. I restarted and it was back up at 512 for a few days now it has gone down to 256 and has been like that for 3 days now.

My system is

Soltek 75drv4 board
2 X 256 DDR mem
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ with coolermaster aero 7 lite
Maxtor 160 GB

If any one has any ideas I'd be very grateful

First off... try remember your name... then where you live...
Yeah, what dreamliner said, take it out and put it back again?

OK I'm not really an expert on this. Are you saying take the memory out and put it back in again???

sy64004 said:
OK I'm not really an expert on this. Are you saying take the memory out and put it back in again???

Yeah that is what they are saying, it is called reseting the memory. You might also try it in different slots.

Nice one guys. back up to 512 and working like a dream. Thanks a million I was about to buy a new memory stick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back