Memory and CPU Cooling

S

SmoothImmigrant

Since I am about to buy on newegg.com, I would like to know some things. I have a 2.4B processor along with a DFI motherboard (Intel 865 PE Chipset). Which memory would benefit me more, PC2700 or PC3200. I"ve read it is best to keep the memory speed parallel to the cpu fsb? (533mhz) I am considering getting the Geil 512 3200 Value Ram, so please steer me in the right direction. The second question is how effective Artic Silver Premium cooling is and if it is worth it...as I will just replace the thermal pad and still have the stock heatsink/fan. Thanks all

Taurus

hardware monkey
might as well get the pc3200 since,
1) it's backwards compatible (runs at pc2100 or whatever other speed),
2) would be good for a future "C" processor and,
3) probably doesn't cost that much more.

might even be a good idea to price some pc3500 since it's probably not that much more either, and in case you want overclock your future "C" p4.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel