Memory and CPU Cooling

• Thread starter SmoothImmigrant
  • Start date
S

SmoothImmigrant

Since I am about to buy on newegg.com, I would like to know some things. I have a 2.4B processor along with a DFI motherboard (Intel 865 PE Chipset). Which memory would benefit me more, PC2700 or PC3200. I"ve read it is best to keep the memory speed parallel to the cpu fsb? (533mhz) I am considering getting the Geil 512 3200 Value Ram, so please steer me in the right direction. The second question is how effective Artic Silver Premium cooling is and if it is worth it...as I will just replace the thermal pad and still have the stock heatsink/fan. Thanks all

might as well get the pc3200 since,
1) it's backwards compatible (runs at pc2100 or whatever other speed),
2) would be good for a future "C" processor and,
3) probably doesn't cost that much more.

might even be a good idea to price some pc3500 since it's probably not that much more either, and in case you want overclock your future "C" p4.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back