Major Snow Storm Slams The East Coast Of The USA-Pictures Included

  • Thread starter Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date Start date
Originally posted by PseudoKiller
One Mad Bomber Hat to keep you warm when digging yourself out ... $30

Had_Bomber_Hat.jpg
Oh, the ugly hat
 
who cares how ugly when your trying to keep warm. im about 40 min east of him and its the same here. good 20"+

dam and now i have to be outside fumbling in it all day once i make it to work, if it do. 😱

bet you wish you put the $300 torwards a snowblower right now. could make more than enough to buy a few more cameras right now......😛
 
Peabody, MA

12:05 am (Feb 18th)

I just looked outside, seems to be a little over a foot in the area's the wind hasn't touched, and up to 3.5 feet where the wind is making hills.

My door seemed to be a nice place to blow the snow, because I think I'll have to make a leap out of my hallway, over the mountain that has built up against my door, and land somewhere on the steps...
 
11:00am Nova Scotia, Canada...snow started here about 12 last night but not very heavy. Still got snow on ground from the last storm 🙁

Dscf0072.jpg


Dscf0073.jpg
 
The cat went out on the front steps this morning but he wasn't long coming back in. 😀

Dscf0075.jpg
 
Originally posted by gonaads
Oooooh... someone like Nick M??? 😛 😎

Pay me money for doing something I enjoy? Sure

I know.

Someone is going to tell me

" Stop pretending you're cool just because you're a snowman "
 
ooh, i love snow , me and my dear grandpapa used to do snow all the time , we called him puppy.
 
Originally posted by Benny
ooh, i love snow , me and my dear grandpapa used to do snow all the time , we called him puppy.
😱
 
ooh, i love 😱 , me and my dear grandpapa used to do 😱 all the time, we called him puppy.
 
Originally posted by Benny
ooh, i love 😱 , me and my dear grandpapa used to do 😱 all the time, we called him puppy.

* runs *
 
PC-Dude - man I had forgotten about that contraption shown in your first picture - no not the car - the "snow removal tool" - when I was stationed at KI Sawyer - close to Marquette (as far north as you could go on the Upper Pennisula of Michigan) - I had one of them - they were awesome for moving snow manually. We used to call them "Yupper Scoopers"😀 😀

Not fond memories - all that snow. I moved there in Dec of 1987 and found out in May of 1988 that I had a sidewalk in fron to f my house - no one ever shoveled anything except the driveway and a path to the front door and mailbox from the driveway. Snow was piled so high you could not see the house next door. Everyone walked in the streets - man they even had snowmobile trails from Base Housing to the Commissary, BX and Hospital!

One winter was enough there - I ended up retiring from the Air Force after one year there!
 
Originally posted by damnyank
PC-Dude - man I had forgotten about that contraption shown in your first picture - no not the car - the "snow removal tool" - when I was stationed at KI Sawyer - close to Marquette (as far north as you could go on the Upper Pennisula of Michigan) - I had one of them - they were awesome for moving snow manually. We used to call them "Yupper Scoopers"😀 😀

Not fond memories - all that snow. I moved there in Dec of 1987 and found out in May of 1988 that I had a sidewalk in fron to f my house - no one ever shoveled anything except the driveway and a path to the front door and mailbox from the driveway. Snow was piled so high you could not see the house next door. Everyone walked in the streets - man they even had snowmobile trails from Base Housing to the Commissary, BX and Hospital!

One winter was enough there - I ended up retiring from the Air Force after one year there!

Ya I know what ya mean... those shovels are worth every penny. However I just got a buddy of mine to plow my driveway with his truck 😀 I got a 450 foot driveway and the snow was almost up to my waist when I went to the mailbox. 😱
 
Originally posted by damnyank
PC-Dude - man I had forgotten about that contraption shown in your first picture - no not the car - the "snow removal tool" - when I was stationed at KI Sawyer - close to Marquette (as far north as you could go on the Upper Pennisula of Michigan) - I had one of them - they were awesome for moving snow manually. We used to call them "Yupper Scoopers"😀 😀

Not fond memories - all that snow. I moved there in Dec of 1987 and found out in May of 1988 that I had a sidewalk in fron to f my house - no one ever shoveled anything except the driveway and a path to the front door and mailbox from the driveway. Snow was piled so high you could not see the house next door. Everyone walked in the streets - man they even had snowmobile trails from Base Housing to the Commissary, BX and Hospital!

One winter was enough there - I ended up retiring from the Air Force after one year there!


Sounds like they had to "Air Lift" you in and out. 😉
 
Nah - would you believe they were so experienced with the $hitty weather up there that I never had to use chains on my vehicles. I used All- Season Radials and was like everyone else - "If I can't get there without chains - I don't really need to be there!"

They did a super job on the runways and deicing the planes - man civilian airlines and airports could learn a lot from those dudes that kept our runways open and our Alert Force ready to fly at a second's notice.

Of course we all had to be on top of our game - heck could you imagine an accident with a "loaded alert bird" - $hit talk about global warming!😱 😱
 
heh heh heh... yeah, you wouldn't have to worry 'bout the snow any more. Everything would get PLOWED. 😛
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top