madmatt_dtop: official help thread

Is there any way to integrate MSN messenger into the active desktop?

I'm sure i've seen a screenshot of someone's desktop with their MSN contact list built into their desktop.

updated dtop

I decided to make a few changes, including the visual style (FatalE by KoL_). Although I dislike the start button I think the new style fits nicely with my color scheme.

Other changes include the removal of "madmatt.links" and the addition of more "Favorites." I have also added more to the madmatt .NET block, including up-to-date site hits and site status (which allows me to take the website offline at the click of a button). This feature may be useless, but I have some ideas for it.

Two minor changes including the removal of the word "My" before each folder (thanks dealer) and font spacing (1pt). I also removed the barcode.

I placed a flash movie on the desktop but it ran the CPU usage up and I did not like that.

click here to see madmatt_dtop v4

Enjoy.

Originally posted by Daedalus
Is there any way to integrate MSN messenger into the active desktop?

I'm sure i've seen a screenshot of someone's desktop with their MSN contact list built into their desktop.

There used to be a way to do so, but I believe Microsoft fixed that loop hole because of privacy concerns.

Once again, another update (and only a day later).

'Site status' has been changed to include choices other than 'online' and 'offline.'
'My status' allows me to set an away message which will display on a status page of my up coming website and also on my own version of AIM SubProfile.
'.NET login' allows me to login to the admin section of my up coming website.
'Current hits' is what it is (of my up coming website).

Although not fully functional it is coming along nicely, at least I think.

Comments/suggestions always welcomed.

Enjoy.

hey, ive been trying to mess with active desktop...

is there a way to make links on the desktop open in Opera instead of IE?

Originally posted by madmatt
Once again, another update (and only a day later).

'Site status' has been changed to include choices other than 'online' and 'offline.'
'My status' allows me to set an away message which will display on a status page of my up coming website and also on my own version of AIM SubProfile.
'.NET login' allows me to login to the admin section of my up coming website.
'Current hits' is what it is (of my up coming website).

Although not fully functional it is coming along nicely, at least I think.

Comments/suggestions always welcomed.

Enjoy.

Wow! Now you've sold me :D Please release a public version :p

Originally posted by J0sh
hey, ive been trying to mess with active desktop...

is there a way to make links on the desktop open in Opera instead of IE?

Links will open to your default web browser. If they are opening in IE then it is your default browser.

o_87, lol. you're killing me, that is v4. I am up to v5. =)

Links will open to your default web browser. If they are opening in IE then it is your default browser.

No, Opera is my default browser.... IE never opens unless I need to run it...

I'll have to look over my code and get back to you.

you just like the older version better than the new one =(

you just like the older version better than the new one =(

Hmm well I think I misread the the 4 for 5 :D

Also, I thought you had made some changes to the 5... I think it was the WMP skin you had :p

Overall, both have a similar feel do dont feel bad when I said that. :)

hehe. thanks =)

so far I like v5 (FUSION) more, as you know =)

how do you change what the start button says without a program, instead of saying start i want it to say begin or something ??

How ??

what is resource hacker, is that a program, where do i go to get to it !?

Search Yahoo for it. The site I usually get it from is no longer available.

hey matt, can you use resource hacker to change the picture on the start button? what i have now is just fine, but when the mouse is not over it, there is a little pink dot by the end of the 'S'. can i say, edit that picture and then resave it?

Usually the mouseover image is a different image than the regular one. But, yes, that should work. You might have to reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back