madmatt_dtop: official help thread

no problem, dude. JUst glad that i got it up and running now. :D

Originally posted by a1ehouse
Ok so how can I get system stats/Coolmon stats in PHP to work in the active desktop? Also has anyone figured out how to get the latest 5 posts (like on the xp-erience homepage). I'd really like like on my desktop.

Nice work everyone!

Ta

A1ehouse

Coolmon puts its little window on your desktop by default. No need for all that, unless you have something in mind which I can't think of. You can mess with the options to change way the window looks. VERY cool app! :D

FYI, the my computer link in this shot doesn't actually work. It's all a work-in-progress (and I can't figure out how to make a shortcut to my computer...)

ok - now time for some answers :D

From the last post backwards...

Rigsta:
to make a shortcut of My Computer the easiest way i found was to Drag and Drop it in a Folder... it will create a shortcut... cut + paste that where ever you want it...

a1ehouse:
Like Rigsta has said... Coolmon displays the info it self... if you want to get it to be embeded into a web site you will need to get it to create an XML page (right click kthe tray icon...) and then export that info onto the desktop... http://daisyman.arsware.org/coolinfo/tips.html <-- more info there... i wouldn' give more help here but i'm slightly strapped for time :(

Rigsta:
Have posted about the weather script before hand... see it here : http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12456

Piett:
The script looks ok... check if the recycle bin lnk works...

Hope that answers all the Q.s... do tell me if i've missed something

MdSalih - In a rush...

ok im goin to sound real lazy and im goin to say sorry now but i was wondering if someone could make a desktop for me and ill give you the specs on how id like it....but if not go ahead with the flaming now

Originally posted by Lithium
ok im goin to sound real lazy and im goin to say sorry now but i was wondering if someone could make a desktop for me and ill give you the specs on how id like it....but if not go ahead with the flaming now

Or, if someone could upload a 'template' desktop for anyone who doesn't know that much about the coding, so that we may use that as a basis to develop our own...

please?

Thanx for listening

well ive been messing with the codes that matt gave us in that tutorial and ive got a basic understanding on how it works but a template would be cool

ok new problem ive got the vbs scripts right and the links right and ive checked to see if they work and they do but i get a error and a explorer window pops up sayin javascript:void(0) so im stuck any help would be cool thanks guys

I plan on releasing a template type setup soon on this forum. I have been extremely busy these past few weeks and have not had time to work on it, or anything else for that matter.

Lithium: What is the error message? Need more details.

well when i click the link to open a program a internet explorer window pops up and javascript:void(0) is the error i get if you wanna call it that i think the link is pointing to the wrong file but i checked it and its not im using MdSalih's desktop but ive edited the background and a few other things just cant get my links to work so im lost :confused:

you need the root .vbs files for it to work - the website page by it self wont work...

If i can + with matts permission - i'll release a template off my own when i get some free time - wont be happening for a month though

MdSalih

I will prob sound like an idiot, I havent read the tutorial. But...
How do you change the "online" colour of the Windows Messenger Icon in the Taskbar. I like the light blue that Matt has got, so how do you alter the colour?

Well, i don't run messanger, but i think that it is the actualy icon itself. as in someone changed it and posted it and you can download it. or perhaps you could do ot your self with an icon editor.

Simply download ResHacker and replace BITMAP resource #401 and 407 with this file. I also changed all of the icons (using ICON GROUP). You can find the complete set of icons at DeskMod.com (search for MSN Messenger).

Let me know.

Originally posted by MdSalih
you need the root .vbs files for it to work - the website page by it self wont work...

If i can + with matts permission - i'll release a template off my own when i get some free time - wont be happening for a month though

MdSalih

well damn you should have said somthing lol oh well ive been using that as a template on how i want mine so yeah ill get it goin and post it for everyone to see

Not a problem, give a hollar if you need some help.

worked fine, then all I had to do was find theme with darker colours to make it stand out.

hey MdSalih any chance you could send me that root.vbs file i would like to work on it sum

love that, mad...I'd like to contribute to the beauty though.. think you should take out all the "my"s from your shorcuts...I'm sure you know the documents are your documents

dealer, thanks for your input, I appreciate your kind words. I see what you mean and I'll fix that in v4.

still love your lady.. mm..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back