• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Hey all,

I'm looking for a program that can record streaming audio (preferably as mp3 (I believe this is the navtive format of the stream)). The reason being that a class that I'm taking has the lectures streamed from an online site. I would like to be able save these so I can burn them to a cd and then listen to them on my discman whilst I'm on campus.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
argh, I thought that was gonna work, but the stream has to be from a shoutcast stream. Any other ideas? I searched cnet and couldn't come up with anything.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Qumahlin is coming to my rescue again!!!

It is a mp3 stream. All I know is that it opens with winamp. let me know if you need more info...

Hmmm, I can't find anything that will do it, there has to be something...

A

AmarSingh

if none of these solutions work for you, you can download many audio programs that will record anything that goes through your sound card. I suggest cool edit 2000

A

AmarSingh

yeah sound forge works....um its been a while since ive used it, but u have create a new file and hit the record button. then select mixer is the recording source (this might have to be done through windows sound mixer) and record away. i believe sound forge gives you the option to save as mp3.....and you dont need a very high bitrate since its only voice....id say 24kbps should be good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown