Looking for

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Hey all,

I'm looking for a program that can record streaming audio (preferably as mp3 (I believe this is the navtive format of the stream)). The reason being that a class that I'm taking has the lectures streamed from an online site. I would like to be able save these so I can burn them to a cd and then listen to them on my discman whilst I'm on campus.

argh, I thought that was gonna work, but the stream has to be from a shoutcast stream. Any other ideas? I searched cnet and couldn't come up with anything.

what kinda stream is the audio? is it just streaming windows media or is it realplayer or such?

Qumahlin is coming to my rescue again!!!

It is a mp3 stream. All I know is that it opens with winamp. let me know if you need more info...

Hmmm, I can't find anything that will do it, there has to be something...

Just an idea...
could this because a password is needed to get into the site?

if it's a streamed MP# you should be able to just use Winamp's default Waveout plugin so save the file..I think :p

You can use Windows Media Encoder.
If you set it to loopback, it will record anything that goes through your sound card.

if none of these solutions work for you, you can download many audio programs that will record anything that goes through your sound card. I suggest cool edit 2000

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have SoundForge Pro, would that work? And if so, any one know what I'd have to do?

yeah sound forge works....um its been a while since ive used it, but u have create a new file and hit the record button. then select mixer is the recording source (this might have to be done through windows sound mixer) and record away. i believe sound forge gives you the option to save as mp3.....and you dont need a very high bitrate since its only voice....id say 24kbps should be good

cool beans. I'll try it out tomorrow. I don't know why I never even thought of that. But thanks or the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back