longhorn

somtime

suppose to come out late 2005- early 2006 i think!

Re: somtime

Originally posted by themafia_69
suppose to come out late 2005- early 2006 i think!

Thats what they said on screensavers/TechTV last night

Originally posted by ZAnwar
no, actually it is late 2004 - early 05!

What's your source? I'm asking this since I've heard from a great deal of sources that it's planned for 2006.

Remember this is Microsoft were talking about here, if they say 2004 that means it won't see the light of day until at least 2006.

mmmm dont think so!

Well i have seen and had many screens of long horn and it says microsoft corporation 2001-2006 so its has to be more like 2005 2006 not 2004.

look around too. ull see:happy:

if you wanna contribute 100million to their development funds then im sure theyll get it ready for you by the end of the year:)

Originally posted by XP Abuser
if you wanna contribute 100million to their development funds then im sure theyll get it ready for you by the end of the year:)

True DAT!
:happy:

Rumours circulating around the big corporate groups (that I’ve heard) are that it has been abandoned but will appear in another guise (just like XP when compared with 98) as it has the potential to increase support staff (and hence cost’s) by a factor of ten. Most large corporate groups are still using 98/95. Well we will see.
:happy:

What is so good about longhorn?

"The successor to Windows XP (due in 2004, and rapidly slipping to 2005) is currently code named Longhorn, and it will not be compatible with your existing software, hardware or methods. Microsoft has already stated that backward compatibility will not be a design feature."

I'm not ready to fork out another couple of thousand $$, maybe over three or four, just to keep bill happy.

Scary stuff

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
What is so good about longhorn?

"The successor to Windows XP (due in 2004, and rapidly slipping to 2005) is currently code named Longhorn, and it will not be compatible with your existing software, hardware or methods. Microsoft has already stated that backward compatibility will not be a design feature."

I'm not ready to fork out another couple of thousand $$, maybe over three or four, just to keep bill happy.

Scary stuff

really? you have to buy new hardware for compatability?

Originally posted by prodj88
really? you have to buy new hardware for compatability?

Heh, it's either a rumor ... or if it's true, screw them. I can live with XP ;)

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus

LOL...if that's true, then Micro$oft will be the one sealing their own coffin--not piracy, not Linux. However, 2006 is a long ways away. Look at how computers changed between 1993 and 1996? Perhaps it won't be as dramatic, but I venture to say that Palladium will be much more ubiquitous, and we'll all be griping about those DRM-embedded AMD Opterons. :huh:

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back