• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

logonui.exe infected with trojan....HELP

sandstone1462

OSNN One Post Wonder
When I do a virus scan it will delete all but this
logonui.exe trojan horse downloader generic YXS
c:programfiles\??curity\logonui.exe

remember...I am computer stupid

[edit]
Posts combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
You need to run a full virus scan and a good spyware cleaner and clean up that machine , no one can tell you what will be removed or not from here, we do not have a crystal ball that shows us the infected files in your machine, just be carefull , make cd's or dvd's of your photos , music, and game saves if any just to be sure you dont loose everything.

i may be going completely off the ball with this... however if I remember correctly from my gui modding days-isn't logonui.exe a logon file for windows?

if so, why not replace it with another using logonui boot randomizer or a similar app?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
logonui.exe the system file lives in C:\Windows\System32 The trojan descibed is in a folder C:\Program Files\??curity <-- this will display as security. My advice would be to boot into safe mode and delete the C:\Program Files\Security folder.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
I do not see where anyone spoke of a hidden32.exe ... have you used a good virus cleaner , you need to delete the infected files, using a virus scanner, or back up all your things and start over.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge