logonui.exe infected with trojan....HELP

When I do a virus scan it will delete all but this
logonui.exe trojan horse downloader generic YXS
c:programfiles\??curity\logonui.exe

remember...I am computer stupid

[edit]
Posts combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to run a full virus scan and a good spyware cleaner and clean up that machine , no one can tell you what will be removed or not from here, we do not have a crystal ball that shows us the infected files in your machine, just be carefull , make cd's or dvd's of your photos , music, and game saves if any just to be sure you dont loose everything.

i may be going completely off the ball with this... however if I remember correctly from my gui modding days-isn't logonui.exe a logon file for windows?

if so, why not replace it with another using logonui boot randomizer or a similar app?

logonui.exe the system file lives in C:\Windows\System32 The trojan descibed is in a folder C:\Program Files\??curity <-- this will display as security. My advice would be to boot into safe mode and delete the C:\Program Files\Security folder.

can someone please help me in language I can understand.....thank you guys for tying to help...it is just me...you know...the computer dummy

I do not see where anyone spoke of a hidden32.exe ... have you used a good virus cleaner , you need to delete the infected files, using a virus scanner, or back up all your things and start over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back