Logitech MX1000 Laser club

connected to usb? known issue. Workaround: PS\2

Grtz,

Lukas

Seems that the receiver bases model #C-BN34 are the culprits. Which one do u have?

[edit]
Logitech.com:
Why does my mouse cursor occasionally jump to the top of the screen or act erratic at times?
When connected to the USB port, the mice listed below may experience a jump in the mouse cursor or some erratic behavior from time to time. If your mouse is connected to the PS/2 port, you will not experience this problem.
  • MX1000 Laser Mouse with a Receiver/Base Model Number (M/N): C-BN34
  • MediaPlay Cordless Mouse (both Blue and Red) with a Dongle Receiver M/N: C-BS35
To resolve this issue, please download and install the new version of SetPoint, version 2.14. You can install the new version on top of the version you currently have installed. Alternatively, you can use your mouse on the PS/2 port.

only usb + setpoint 2.14 = problem

[/edit]

Lukas said:
Seems that the receiver bases model #C-BN34 are the culprits. Which one do u have?

[edit]
Logitech.com:
Why does my mouse cursor occasionally jump to the top of the screen or act erratic at times?

only usb + setpoint 2.14 = problem

[/edit]
So setpoint 2.14 and USB is a problem? OK .......

Has anyone had any problems with the height of the mouse? I have had a few complaints that the MX1000 is too high and it hurts some peoples wrists. The MX700 and MX900 are not so high and feel more comfortable.

[ismokedsomepot]

I meant IF you have setpoint 2.14 and the mouse is connected to the usb port + you have the receiver with the mentioned part number THEN a jumpy mouse is a known issue.

It's still possible that the same hardware/software set-up works perfectly - from what I read about it, it's pretty random even if all conditions are met...

hope that's better...

I've had my MX for about a month now... no height complaints here...

I edited this like three times... :D
[/ismokedsomepot]

Oh excellent :) cheers lukas, I'll give the ps/2 converter a try :D

and yes, I've the #C-BN34 :(

No jumps as of yet with the ps/2 so things look up :D This system is starting to rock some more

Moonwraith said:
officially now a member with my MX1000 in my hand, well - next to it currently :) Very nice, out of curiosity.. has anyone ever had any instances where the mouse just jumps randomly to the edge of the screen? :nervous:

It's happened once or twice
Heh, welcome to the mx1000 defective club, I would take it back and get another one

zeke_mo said:
Heh, welcome to the mx1000 defective club, I would take it back and get another one

Nah, there's no worries now. Lukas cured me :p

Anyways :) Part of 64bit and this club in one day.. s'like christmas

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i just joined the CUB and man its a hell of a differnece i had my MX700 for a long while now i read this forum a long time ago but i didnt want to buy the mouse up until now and i LOVE it time to give this mouse a BFV Point of Existance run laterz guys =)

synical33 said:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i just joined the CUB and man its a hell of a differnece i had my MX700 for a long while now i read this forum a long time ago but i didnt want to buy the mouse up until now and i LOVE it time to give this mouse a BFV Point of Existance run laterz guys =)

I would love to buy another one but I am gun shy after last time :(

Lukas said:
[ismokedsomepot]

I meant IF you have setpoint 2.14 and the mouse is connected totheusbport + you have the receiver with the mentioned part numberTHENajumpy mouse is a known issue.

It's still possible that the same hardware/softwareset-upworksperfectly - from what I read about it, it's pretty randomeven ifallconditions are met...

hope that's better...

I've had my MX for about a month now... no height complaints here...

I edited this like three times... :D
[/ismokedsomepot]

Thanks - clear as mud. - No really it is - I'll try tomorrow.
I've been "jumping around" since November but the mouse works sowellotherwise, I've persisted. Hope I'm not already using 2.14 !

wow.... quite a few posts in a short amount of time. glad u like yours, Synical. not the cheapest mouse but tis worth every single penny.

Cool, realy awesome. I've played 1000 at my friends place. I like it so much. Glides aspecialy super with steelpad's Qck.

hey guys has anyone figured out how to setup the forward and back buttons on the mouse in order for them to work correctly on FireFox onmine it doesnt seem to work for some odd reason. It works just fine when i use it on Windows Explorer or just basic navigating but FireFox no likey!!! let me kno if anyone knows anything btw this MOUZE ROX!!!!

synical, go into the button config and change the back and forward buttons to Other, then click select function, and change it to generic button.

ElementalDragon said:
LPDad, there's no way to bind the side scroll function with the SetPoint software as of yet. I did e-mail them about it, and the guy that replied said he would send the idea to the software development department or some junk. don't remember exactly what he did with it, but he said possibly in one of the next few releases. too bad a new version get's released like every month and a half.

Thanks for the Info ED. :nervous:
Been trying all sorts of things but to no avail, just have to wait.

ElementalDragon said:
synical, go into the button config and change the back and forward buttons to Other, then click select function, and change it to generic button.
:up: Yeah this will do what you want and more - was covered earlier in thread too (bit this is a sprawling looooong thread!) ;)

yah, it is a surprisingly long thread. i wasn't really expecting it to get this long, but wow. guess quite a few people were interested in the mouse. then again, how could one NOT be interested?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back