linksys problem ..

Yeah ,, It is a nice router .. I am wanting it more everyday, I just hope this one comes with a stand...

Johnny said:
I just got a Linksys WRT54G four port wireless router and am having a problem with it. What is happening with the router it that none of my chat programs will stay connected, They keep logging off and logging back on. Also, Azureus keeps giving me upnp service errors, when I disable the upnp plug in it works flawless.

I'm not sure if it is the upnp in it or something else, but I never had a problem like this with the netgear I was using before. So if anyone has any idea of what it might be, please let me know ..

Oh, I should mention that I have the latest firmware - 3.03.6, and no third party firmwares installed on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated ..

192.168.1.1 type in whatever your password and username is .. then go to applications and gaming ... (while you are doing that .. on windows go to start/run/ type in command ... dos will appear / type ipconfig and if you are directly wired to the router your ip will be 192.168.1.100 in most cases) close DOS .... you will get unresponsive message ..end anyway. Now go to program files and find your programs you are having problems with ... (*.exe) and with the gaming and applications tab on the router type them in and where ti says udp/tcp enable both and go over to the ip addy and type in what your computer is currently and be sure to enable. Rinse and repeat for each applicable program. So line 2 will be the next prog you are having problems with. also opening the programs you are having problems with in teh setup will often tell the port number used. for each program you have entered in the applications/gaming on the router type in the matching port number ..sometimes its different port for udp/tcp so youd have to use 2 lines for each program. be sure to save settings on the router.

O.k ... I ordered the netgear from newegg. It should be here in a couple of days, I called my local besbuy and they want $150.00 for it. When I said about how I can get it off newegg for 97.00 with a 25.00 mail in rebate they guy got kinda snippy with me lol ... Oh well, I'm getting it all the same ..

@Trainmaster - I tried what you said and had no luck, it is still doing the same thing. It not as much, I disabled upnp on the router. It still does it none the less though ..

@Netryder - I think in the past two years, I bought over $2,000.00 worth of stuff off of newegg ..

try this in the security section under firewall, untick the box that says filter ident (port113)

Nice price.. I would take it... I like ZipZoomFly better, but as far as I know they dont do price matching... :(

Oh well... I might have to get this router.. very nice indeed...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back