Linkin Park - Meteora

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
They have a new CD due out on March 25,2003 and have released their first tune from it called "Somewhere I Belong".

You can listen to it and/or watch the video at www.linkinpark.com and click on the LPTV link then audio/video.

Thanks PK, I should have known better.

I like linkin Park ... There song Runnaway off of hybrid theory is awesome

I also like Cold Play and Pod .. Rammstien is cool also ..

i haven't heard the new Linkin' Park yet. what's it like compaired to their previous album? i've been really getting into Cold Play. never realized how brilliant that band is. "clocks" has to be one of the most magnificent songs i've ever heard!

Originally posted by lechtard
I like linkin Park ... There song Runnaway off of hybrid theory is awesome

I also like Cold Play and Pod .. Rammstien is cool also ..

Originally posted by U2Penn
i haven't heard the new Linkin' Park yet. what's it like compaired to their previous album? i've been really getting into Cold Play. never realized how brilliant that band is. "clocks" has to be one of the most magnificent songs i've ever heard!

I have'nt heard the new linkin Park Cd yet - But "Clocks" From Cold Play is very good ...

linkin park are terrible

the new album is the same as the old one. theyre just in it for the money, the music is terrible, and appeals to kids who think they have it hard, when they know nothing about any of that.

and its 'coldplay' all one word. clocks is good, the new album doth rock.

the album was leaked to the web before it was released!
I was surfing the net at that time and I found the links to get it

its not as good as hybrid was... btu I like the fact they have experimented and have not confined themselves in that department... the lyrics will become more refined.. but the music is quite nice...

more variation than in hybrid theory...

Originally posted by Octopus
the album was leaked to the web before it was released!
I was surfing the net at that time and I found the links to get it

I downloaded the full album :happy: --then went out and bought it. :)

If you buy the CD (it's a 2 CD set), there's a ton of extra material included. Great videos, interviews, artwork, etc. The album, all inclusive, is a 2.5 hour masterpiece. Opinions on quality of the stand-alone music are completely skewed of course, as they should be. I'll admit, it doesn't touch Hybrid Theory but it's good enough to purchase.

Agreed! 3 goodies in a row from these guys!

The new CD is great. I love all the new sounds they experimented with.

Anyways, guys... Coldplay sucks! Their music is boring and every time I hear them come on I just want to beat my head on something until I go unconcious or until the song is over.

ive only heard there first song off there new CD, but i liked it. Linkin Park are ok, not my favorite, but they have some really nice songs :)

-Bert

I think for $3(cndn) more you can get the dvd included package. 30mins of the making of Meteora which is kinda neat. It could just be a marketing ploy, but I think LP are into their fans. This fan doesn't mind shelling out the bucks for their cds since I've liked all their songs so far.

I predict that the song Numb, will be released onto radio.

linkin park sux one hit wounders if it where.... which I didn't like very much from the get go but then I got played out like a mofo on the radio (which is one of the reasons I don't listen to the radio) which turned my dislike to downright hate for the band.

MUDVAYNE!!!

One hit wonders? Maybe when it comes to radio. 99% of their tunes are great, and should be played on radio, and their songs wouldn't actually have to be edited due to "thugness" either.

Originally posted by Krux
linkin park sux one hit wounders if it where.... which I didn't like very much from the get go but then I got played out like a mofo on the radio (which is one of the reasons I don't listen to the radio) which turned my dislike to downright hate for the band.

MUDVAYNE!!!

LP has had more than one hit :)

so it does not make them one hit wonders...

yes they have been played out but a lot of stations have a playlist that includes songs their listernerbase is tuning in to :) and LP is popular...

hybrid theory had all good songs in it... its a pity only 4-5 were released on wide play on the radio...

I am not a Linkin Park fan. Let's just get that out of the way right up front. BUT I have to say, against my better judgement I checked out the new CD just to see what all the hype was about since I've been hearing about what a "Bad@ss" album this is supposed to be...

So anyway, I got a (free) copy of it and threw it on. Here's my opinion of the album:

They have incredible potential to be an awesome band, but either they are more into making money than good music OR (most likely) the record label has its claws firmly dug into the band and makes them put out CRAP! Almost every song on the album starts out great, then they get to the 1st verse or if the verse is good, the chorus. The chorus on every single track on the album (except "Sessions" which is an instrumental and the best song on the album) is some sort of Backstreet Boys/Nsync sounding crapola that ruins the whole song. All in all, the band seems to have good ideas but the end product is crap.

Result: I deleted the album and considered killing myself for actually listening to the whole thing.

Rating: I give it one thumb down and one middle finger up (read as: save ur money).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back