Latitude D-420/620 and 820 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New latitude D-420/620 and 820, precision m90

The 820 should be available with the graphics card. The 620 will not be right now.

-edit-

The 620 will be available with a gfx card, just not right now. Don't ask me why.

Last edited:

Any news on a launch date for the 420? I have been putting off three 400 replacement purchases but cannot wait much longer.

Sazar?

I dunno bout that. I knew about the d 6xx and 8xx info and it was backed up by others (ep for example).

The 420 I believe is supposed to launch over summer but I have less info on it than I had on the other items.

I know there are working samples because I have seen them. I dunno when the x-1/410 will eol and be replaced unfortunately.

I'll try and find out though.

Got out first two 620s today, didn't have much time to look at before I finished work but got our ris image loaded on it with very little hassle.

Got the ones without biometrics, but it has bluetooth, wireless and 2gigs of ram.

Will play with it more on monday.

Did you image with F@H?

:cool:

Sadly not :)
It's not actually going to be my laptop, it will be the managing directors!

My boss was having a little trouble getting 3G to work so had called Dell, I was busy trying to figure out how to get dual screen to work when docked - couldn't find it though.

But, although I have seen it before, very nice looking laptop - but I want a 420 ;p

Got two problems with our 620s.

- They didn't ship em with the 3G cards or the 3G card software.
But after logging a gold support call on friday, I have disocvered this myself.
Seems tech support aren't ready to support this yet and were a little suprised that we had one. Willl have to see what they say, hopefully they won't have to go back again and they will send us a card we can install ourselves.

- The modem drivers need you to run a setup.exe to run which is a damn pain, why?! The audio is also on the modem this time around so they won't install either until the modem is all installed. Looking for away around this as I really want to have my unattended installation ready for this builds deployment. Stilll looking for a way around this at the moment, nothing yet.

Saz: Can you find out a few things for me?

- There seems to have been a delay with the 3.5g cards, can you see if you can find out if this will mean I will have to send these laptops back if they are to get one or whether they can be fitted by competant users?

- Installing one now to see if they can do the glass stuff in Vista, but they are vista capable so it will be amusing if lots of things are missing :p

Electronic Punk said:
Saz: Can you find out a few things for me?

- There seems to have been a delay with the 3.5g cards, can you see if you can find out if this will mean I will have to send these laptops back if they are to get one or whether they can be fitted by competant users?

I dunno the details on this m8.

Typically if it is something simple like this, you would get a customer kit with all the components.

- Installing one now to see if they can do the glass stuff in Vista, but they are vista capable so it will be amusing if lots of things are missing :p

You don't have a discrete gfx solution in there right?

It was the Intel chipset, still says Vista Capable so I would be a little upset.

We are being told June or July for the 3.5g solution, which is pretty crap - especially as it is still on the product page as a feature, and not an optional feature at that.

But then again, I think we got them early - think we actually logged the first ever 620 call.

It is vista capable, even more basic configs are :cool: doesn't mean they support all the features lol.

Heck, remember the geforce FX series? They were allegedly dx9 capable, doesn't mean they were actually able to do anything in dx9 render paths worth writing home about :p

Re: New latitude D-420/620 and 820 and Inspiron discussion

Well, I just got to play around with the new mini XPS notebook :cool:

The XPS 1210 and it is awesome.

Still an IGP (unfortunately) but it's sooooo awesome :D

The keyboard is nice and the notebook has a great finish to it. Prob not on the market till perhaps June or so.

Based on this, I am liking the options for the Lat 420. May/June is likely timeframe it will be sampled widely or available. Unfortunately no solid dates.

I want one :s

So do I buddy, so do I.

yea but I hate laptops and want one.

lol

Hi Guys, I have not been on for a while but i just would like to know is the new XPS 1210 only aimed for the US market? or for worldwide release and also the latitude d420 is it based on the d620 and d820 design or will it be a completely new design? (just like the d410 when d610 and 810 had a completely different design) Also, any news on the d620 with a graphics option as Dell till this date are still offering IGP rather than the NVS but with the d820 the NVIDIA is available. I have the M65, it is amazing and very fast for 3D performance its better than average but i just have one problem that is the ghosting effect on the screen. if you normally look at the bottom the black colour fades to white which is quite a nuisance but anyway its good and for what i needed it for its more than i expected.

Dunno if it is going to be for a world-wide release for the product. Typically it will come out with a different name or something perhaps.

Also, there is no eta as far as I know on when the d-620 will have the discrete solution available again. I would imagine soon but I have no idea when. It was available for a bit.

I dunno bout it m8.

Been in an interview process, working my way up the corporate ladder (probably not gonna get it, but I have my fingers crossed :D ), so I've been outta the loop the last coupla days.

Wearing a suit is not my cuppa tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back