• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

keep getting a want to debug message on program crash.

G

get1tg00d

does anyone know how to turn the message off.

heres the message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The instruction at "some number" referenced memory at "some number". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had visual studios installed thats why its asking me that but now i uninstalled it so it shouldnt. does anyone know how to turn it off.

2z

OSNN Gamer
My Computer properties
Advanced tab / system & recovery settings
write debugging information - set it to none

while your there - untick - automatic restart
now if you have a problem you'll get a BSOD with error details

:cool:

A

allan

2Z - I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's the problem in this instance. He's not talking about a crash dump but a specific program problem.

2z

OSNN Gamer
Quite right Allan

I was bit hasty in the response

the underlying problem really needs to be addressed 1st

Start - run - MSCONFIG & disable all startup items
enable each program one at a time, until the error occurs again, identifying the offending program.

then if the problem reoccurs - all I can suggest is visit the programs website & see if they have a fix for it.

I’ve had this problem with Outlook Express since XP service pack one was installed. It fires-up ok, runs ok but when you close it up comes the same error message that you’re getting, but that’s all, no other problems, so I’ve just ignored it.

G

get1tg00d

TwoZigzagColt45 its any program that crashes on me. I had visual studios installed and when something would crash it would debug it for me. Now i uninstalled it and when something crashes it still asks me to debug it but i have nothing installed to debug it with. Its nothing serious it just irritating.

A

allan

Take a look in event viewer and see if there are any errors.

You say all programs are crashing - what error messages are you getting?

G

get1tg00d

in the event viewer it doesnt have any of the programs that crashed on me in there. allan not all, just when a program crashes it gives me the error message wanting to debug. the error message i get is the one i put at the top.

before when something crashed it just exited the program. now when something crashes it gives me that message.

i appreciate you guys trying to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies