keep getting a want to debug message on program crash.

G

get1tg00d

does anyone know how to turn the message off.

heres the message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The instruction at "some number" referenced memory at "some number". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had visual studios installed thats why its asking me that but now i uninstalled it so it shouldnt. does anyone know how to turn it off.

My Computer properties
Advanced tab / system & recovery settings
write debugging information - set it to none

while your there - untick - automatic restart
now if you have a problem you'll get a BSOD with error details

:cool:

2Z - I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's the problem in this instance. He's not talking about a crash dump but a specific program problem.

Quite right Allan

I was bit hasty in the response

the underlying problem really needs to be addressed 1st

Start - run - MSCONFIG & disable all startup items
enable each program one at a time, until the error occurs again, identifying the offending program.

then if the problem reoccurs - all I can suggest is visit the programs website & see if they have a fix for it.

I’ve had this problem with Outlook Express since XP service pack one was installed. It fires-up ok, runs ok but when you close it up comes the same error message that you’re getting, but that’s all, no other problems, so I’ve just ignored it.

TwoZigzagColt45 its any program that crashes on me. I had visual studios installed and when something would crash it would debug it for me. Now i uninstalled it and when something crashes it still asks me to debug it but i have nothing installed to debug it with. Its nothing serious it just irritating.

Take a look in event viewer and see if there are any errors.

You say all programs are crashing - what error messages are you getting?

in the event viewer it doesnt have any of the programs that crashed on me in there. allan not all, just when a program crashes it gives me the error message wanting to debug. the error message i get is the one i put at the top.

before when something crashed it just exited the program. now when something crashes it gives me that message.

i appreciate you guys trying to help.

The only other thing I can think of is to run a diagnostic on your ram.

Could XP itself be the problem ???

Quite a few ppl have had a variety problems since installing SP1

Have you installed SP1 ??? if so try uninstalling it

If it continues you may want to consider taking the repair option

I would recommend making a slip streamed XP SP1 disk

then taking the repair option

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?object=article.cfm&id=160

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back