KCleaner : easy and automatic System Cleaner

Kyle_Katarn

OSNN Senior Addict
Let me introduce my latest software to you : KCleaner

It is a tiny application (small memory footprint) than helps you keeping your system clean of unwanted / temporary files.
It has a manual mode and an automatic mode which periodically scans and clean you computer.

KCleaner_screen.png

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?kcleaner

Self-promotion doesnt bode well for you...

Mike A!

I have just tried it and it seems to do its job well.
I would not use it though as there is no backup option, in case it deletes something it should not.
A lot of people use CCleaner which does the same job and also includes a registry cleaner.
Plus there was no uninstaller in the programs list.

I have to agree with trackrat. CCleaner seems to be the king when it comes to the vast amount of similar software out there. I do applaude your efforts, :)

Well if you could post it's memory footprint vs CCleaner's it would help. And as trackrat has pointed out and since your proggy is still in Beta, it would be a plus to have a backup/undelete option for those unforeseen booboos. :)

Oh, and an uninstall feature, so we don't have to go digging through the entire Registry to remove all remnants of the program.

Uninstaller is included.

Concerning Memory footprint, current status is :
CCleaner 2.10 : 4.5Mb
KCleaner 0.1 : 1.2Mb

The reason for me to make this program is essentially the automatic mode which autocleans the system every X hours so that I don't have to care about.

The reason for me to make this program is essentially the automatic mode which autocleans the system every X hours so that I don't have to care about.
temporary files are the real reason a hardrive gets fragmented, if you can automate the deletion of those files and the user understands which temp files are being deleted, that's a pretty good program for keeping your hardrive more contiguous

EP gave him permission to do so waaaaay back.

I may even remember seeing Kyle's stuff here from the xp-erience days.

Thanks Kyle for the heads up on your new cleaner!!

I like crap cleaner. Mostly because I am institutionalized to it ...

And not to be absurd: But, it looks like what you are doing is taking things from popular apps and adding them to your own. Kcleaner - The same analyze and such mode as Ccleaner. Obviously a ploy off of it ...

I like crap cleaner. Mostly because I am institutionalized to it ...

And not to be absurd: But, it looks like what you are doing is taking things from popular apps and adding them to your own. Kcleaner - The same analyze and such mode as Ccleaner. Obviously a ploy off of it ...
he just wants to automate the process johnny, that's a good idea...does cc have an automatic feature?

he just wants to automate the process johnny, that's a good idea...does cc have an automatic feature?

No it doesn't, perris. But to be fair he could have said something like: "I took an idea from so and so program and made my own twist to it and added something that I thought would be usefull". But instead, the posts and self promotions are being made out like it is something that only he came up with ... Not to bust on Kyle or anything. But the only time he post or is here is to plug his own stuff. Which is a blatent rip off other programs lol

Yes, CCleaner does have automatic cleaning.

CCleaner has a setting to run when Windows starts and with the auto switch it runs silently.

Thanx for the info, AZ. After all this time of using CCleaner; I never knew that lol ...

Yes but CCleaner can't do this periodically like KCleaner do.

And KCleaner removes lots of files that CCleaner wouldn't even look for .... ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back