KaZaA AdWare updated in 1.6

• Thread starter Powerchordpunk
  • Start date
P

Powerchordpunk

So you all downloaded KaZaA 1.6 right. I did. Looks real smooth and runs great. Anyway, about that adware. CyDoor has been updated. The 3-25 reference file for Ad-Aware detects 3 reg entries for CyDoor. I delete them, but in the new KaZaA, they get added all over again the next time you run KaZaA. Anybody know how to remove Bullshit Digital? I saw that somewhere, but in the new version of KaZaA, I'm guessing its a tad harder to remove it. Any other KaZaA spy/ad-ware news or tweaks to help me? thanks.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I installed the 1.6 patch to Kazaa Lite? Would all the ads and stuff get restored?

yeah I would think so. Since CyDoor and BDE are part of the update process. (their components get updated) I used the fake cydoor dll for 1.5.1 and when installation came along it updated it to the original, so I had to go back and change it. I would say either it would install the adware or the installation wouldn't work.

Also their is a file which apparently removes BDE from your hdd. It is called something like BDEclean.exe in C:\Windows\BDE\

As far as CyDoor goes, the fake Cd_clint.dll can replace the normal one from kazaa 1.6 and it will stay that way, so cydoor shouldn't work. :) I also blocked access to six of its ad servers through blocked sites in IE6, but maybe I should block with firewall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back