• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - opinions

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all,

Needed a new antivirus and spotted that Barclays Bank is offering a free 3 PC 1 year license of KIS if you use their online banking.
Now I got it running but I am not convinced, I am a big fan of their AV but the firewall seems really crude, even compared to NOD32's one (which I much preferred).
Is anybody else running the security 2009 package if so what are your thoughts please?

Last edited:

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
My two cents - ask Lord his opinion of the online banking - I'd look into that as the first thing - like any free lunch there may be a catch!

you don't need a firewall on windows when using a broadband router :)

turn it off but keep the AV going if necessary.

Either way it was free.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
I was not sure as you had posted this:
Ahh Ok - edited

Mainframeguy - Not sure on I understand your comments pretty much all bank offer their service online now?

Lord - Yeah it was free :) But I am uneasy with not having a firewall, I know the router has a hardware one but I am not that confident of relying on it.....

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
just being facetious - and suggesting if you have no account be warey of the offer, yeah?

You seem paranoid about firewalls - I am paranoid about Barclays.. hehe ... banks in general actually!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814