Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - opinions

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all,

Needed a new antivirus and spotted that Barclays Bank is offering a free 3 PC 1 year license of KIS if you use their online banking.
Now I got it running but I am not convinced, I am a big fan of their AV but the firewall seems really crude, even compared to NOD32's one (which I much preferred).
Is anybody else running the security 2009 package if so what are your thoughts please?

Last edited:
Do you have KAV or KIS?

KAV=Kaspersky Anti-Virus

KIS=Kaspersky Internet Security

As per my thread title I have KIS=Kaspersky Internet Security 2009....... :)

My two cents - ask Lord his opinion of the online banking - I'd look into that as the first thing - like any free lunch there may be a catch!

you don't need a firewall on windows when using a broadband router :)

turn it off but keep the AV going if necessary.

Either way it was free.

I was not sure as you had posted this:

Ahh Ok - edited

Mainframeguy - Not sure on I understand your comments pretty much all bank offer their service online now?

Lord - Yeah it was free :) But I am uneasy with not having a firewall, I know the router has a hardware one but I am not that confident of relying on it.....

just being facetious - and suggesting if you have no account be warey of the offer, yeah?

You seem paranoid about firewalls - I am paranoid about Barclays.. hehe ... banks in general actually!

just being facetious - and suggesting if you have no account be warey of the offer, yeah?

You seem paranoid about firewalls - I am paranoid about Barclays.. hehe ... banks in general actually!

Well its a good time to be paranoid about banks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back