Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.156

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I just installed KAV 5.0.156 (had 4.5.094 Pro running before).
The problem is that I can't update it... unless I set Sygate's Personal Firewall Pro to allow all...
I don't understand why as Sygate doesn't tell me KAV 5 is trying to connect and KAV doesn't appear in the connected applications list while it is updating...

Could someone tell what option to modify, what rule to create or exe to allow ? What can I do ?

Thanx in advance.

Howling Wolf

I've uninstalled KAV 5 for now, it blocked pop3 (Outlook Express and Incredimail) for no apparent reason, found no setting for pop3...
Back to good old KAV 4.5.094 Pro :D

Thank you anyway Dave Holbon ;)

Howling Wolf

Hey, I re-installed KAV 5.0.156 :D
Thanx to Sygate's forums, ntoskrnl.exe being blocked, I created an advanced rule (overriding the blocked status) for ntoskrnl.exe allowing it to access the network only for given IPs: pop, smtp, and Kaspersky's various update IPs...

And everything is ok now, e-mail client working and KAV update also :D

Thought it could help others with this strange situation (KAV using ntoskrnl.exe to access the network and blocking send/receive of e-mails...).

Xie

- geek -
Howling Wolf said:
Really ? Didn't know that...:eek:
Thank you Xie ;)
KAV 5.0.156 running fine now :D
I know becuase I recently got KAV and 4.5.0.94 broke UD (united devices) but upgrading to 4.5.0.104 it runs like a charm again crunching for cancer.

Howling Wolf

What about United Devices ? I don't understand what you're talking about ? KAV 4.5.0.94 still works like a charm when installed on my pc (yesterday for example)...

Xie

- geek -
United Devices makes a program that helps try and find a cure for cancer (among other things) by crunching protien models on peoples PC's (similiar to Folding@Home). Anyways part of it runs in RAM and 4.5.0.94 blocks this but it is fixed in 4.5.0.104. :) Other then that I havn't noticed much difference in anything other then changed version numbers.

Howling Wolf

I wonder what's the difference between KAV 5 and KAV 5 Pro ?
I noticed that KAV 5 Pro is way more tweakable, but does the 2 versions share the very same engine ? Is the non-Pro as efficient in every respect as the Pro version ?
I couldn't find a comparison...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syoneown