Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.156

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I just installed KAV 5.0.156 (had 4.5.094 Pro running before).
The problem is that I can't update it... unless I set Sygate's Personal Firewall Pro to allow all...
I don't understand why as Sygate doesn't tell me KAV 5 is trying to connect and KAV doesn't appear in the connected applications list while it is updating...

Could someone tell what option to modify, what rule to create or exe to allow ? What can I do ?

Thanx in advance.

I've uninstalled KAV 5 for now, it blocked pop3 (Outlook Express and Incredimail) for no apparent reason, found no setting for pop3...
Back to good old KAV 4.5.094 Pro :D

Thank you anyway Dave Holbon ;)

Hey, I re-installed KAV 5.0.156 :D
Thanx to Sygate's forums, ntoskrnl.exe being blocked, I created an advanced rule (overriding the blocked status) for ntoskrnl.exe allowing it to access the network only for given IPs: pop, smtp, and Kaspersky's various update IPs...

And everything is ok now, e-mail client working and KAV update also :D

Thought it could help others with this strange situation (KAV using ntoskrnl.exe to access the network and blocking send/receive of e-mails...).

Howling Wolf said:
Really ? Didn't know that...:eek:
Thank you Xie ;)
KAV 5.0.156 running fine now :D
I know becuase I recently got KAV and 4.5.0.94 broke UD (united devices) but upgrading to 4.5.0.104 it runs like a charm again crunching for cancer.

What about United Devices ? I don't understand what you're talking about ? KAV 4.5.0.94 still works like a charm when installed on my pc (yesterday for example)...

United Devices makes a program that helps try and find a cure for cancer (among other things) by crunching protien models on peoples PC's (similiar to Folding@Home). Anyways part of it runs in RAM and 4.5.0.94 blocks this but it is fixed in 4.5.0.104. :) Other then that I havn't noticed much difference in anything other then changed version numbers.

I wonder what's the difference between KAV 5 and KAV 5 Pro ?
I noticed that KAV 5 Pro is way more tweakable, but does the 2 versions share the very same engine ? Is the non-Pro as efficient in every respect as the Pro version ?
I couldn't find a comparison...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back