iTunes for Windows

One too many arguments for me today - even the Mods joined in the action :D

iTunes is the the same as WMP in the way that its full featured, and beats WMP easily with it's very nice interface and ease of use. Winamp is good to just listen to mp3's without using large amounts of RAM or CPU. Oh ya, crossfading in iTunes..mmmm.. I also ripped some cds today.. not bad.

-lieb39

Isn't it interesting how an exclusive iTunes thread turns into a battle between all the players :)

Originally posted by coathanger007
Isn't it interesting how an exclusive iTunes thread turns into a battle between all the players :)
It wouldn't have done if you hadn't started on it.

I think the best are WMP, MusicMatch, and iTunes. The only thing about iTunes is that you need an extra program installed, and like I said I dont like programs installed that I dont like! :(

hmmm... the loading of ogg files in iTunes seems to slow it up considerable while loading ... but once its playing its fine. I hope they can maybe add native support for ogg so that I can stop using this hack and maybe won't get the slowdown. :(

Originally posted by XP'd
hmmm... the loading of ogg files in iTunes seems to slow it up considerable while loading ... but once its playing its fine. I hope they can maybe add native support for ogg so that I can stop using this hack and maybe won't get the slowdown. :(

Yeah, that is a known issue with the qtx file method, yet for some reason, I don't seem to be having that problem.

iTunes rocks!!

I can rip (to MP3, AAC and other formats), play my music and sync with my iPod. Before I used CDex or EAC to rip, WMP9 to listen to my music and Ephpod to sync with my iPod. Now I can do it all with iTunes.

Who cares if it installs QT? I always install it anyway.

Those people complaining that it takes too much memory should minimize iTunes when listening to thei music and watch the memory usage go down as WinXP reclaims the memory

Just my two cents...

Originally posted by zahid.hanif
minimize iTunes when listening to thei music and watch the memory usage go down as WinXP reclaims the memory

Gotta love that :D
Drops to less than 4 megs on my box.

Just curious, has anyone else tried the playlist sharing feature over a network?
I just gave it a shot this morning, and it's beyond cool. I opened up iTunes on my laptop, and the new shared playlist popped up instantly in the iTunes window on my desktop.
:)

If you turn on the System Tray icon (Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced), you can rate the song, repeat, shuffle, pause etc.

Like I said, iTunes rocks!!

Originally posted by zahid.hanif
If you turn on the System Tray icon (Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced), you can rate the song, repeat, shuffle, pause etc.

Like I said, iTunes rocks!!

Yep, that's a great feature. Unfortunately, iTunes continues to remain in the taskbar as well.
I'm quite sure Apple will add a complete minimize to tray option in the next release considering that a lot of people have requested it using the feedback form on the iTunes site.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
This......

attachment.php

....... or something else?

btw, I also forgot to mention that it's also been ported to allow windows pc's to interact better with iPods :)

Ok Speedy I've been looking for 1/2 Hr trying to get it looking like that....how did you do it?

As for minimizing to the tray...there are lots of programes out there that wont do it....unless you have RBTray :D

Anyone wants it its attached ;)

Alan: Just click the Restore button (the one between minimize and close) in the main iTunes window to switch to miniplayer mode.
:)

As for RBTray...it doesn't seem to work with iTunes, perhaps because of the way Apple has written the code for the widgets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back