iTunes for Windows

hahah, got to agree with it though. While I would love to have one, I'm perfectly happy with my mini-disc player and wouldn't buy an iPod, although it would probably be my first choice of mp3 player :)

i still got a discman, but im gonna buy one of those little sony ones that you can fit on your arm.

Just a tip for people with Ogg files:

iTunes doesn't support Ogg out-of-the-box, but it's really easy to add support for it, since iTunes uses Quicktime anyway. Just go to http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net and download the Win32-oggvorbis.zip file. Then unzip the qtx file from the archive into C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime, and you have OGG support in iTunes.
:)

I used to use Musicmatch all the time. It was either that or WMP, and I didnt really like using 2, hate having programs installed that I dont use. So I started to just use WMP. Now I think im going to try iTunes and get rid of WMP as much as I can!

I find it stupid that Quicktime Player needs to be installed to have iTunes installed and working? Can I uninstall Quickktime?

Nope, iTunes needs QuickTime 6.4 installed in order for it to work. :)

in my opinion, iTunes should not need quicktime. i dunno, maybe they should make a lite version that just plays a couple of the more common file types of music, kinda like the lite version of winamp.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Just a tip for people with Ogg files:

iTunes doesn't support Ogg out-of-the-box, but it's really easy to add support for it, since iTunes uses Quicktime anyway. Just go to http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net and download the Win32-oggvorbis.zip file. Then unzip the qtx file from the archive into C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime, and you have OGG support in iTunes.
:)

you wouldn't happen to have a mirror for that file so I don't have to wait till sourcforge is done w/ maintenance do you? ;)

ok nm ... I guess you just have to wait up till a crazy hr :D

works like a charm ... thanks for the tip!

WMP 9 has the best skins around and can be minimized into a useful toolbbar. iTunes doesn't seem to be able to play wma, is hungry for resources and lacks visualisations. It has sound quality comparable to Creative's Mediasource player. I'd only use this if I had no other alternative. :)

har, WMA is a worthless format that no one uses.
Visualisations? I use it to play music, not watch.

Why is wma worthless? Even a small visualisation integrated into the interface would be nice

Where are the stop and fast forward buttons? My keyboard buttons don't even work on it. Even Creative Playcenter beats this worthless piece of junk hands down !!!

In short, WMA sounds like sh*t. And as for the vis, perhaps you should look just a bit harder.....

The sound quality are equivalent at high bitrates and at low bitrates wma kicks ass. I didn't say it didn't have a visualisation (it has one)...I said it lacks visualisations (plural) :D

OK, here's the deal - And the coathanger007 awards go to: Best userbility (with toolbar and keyboard button compatibility and nice skins) = WMP 9, Best plugins = Winamp, Best sound quality = Creative Mediasource player, Best visualisations = Oozic, Best crossfades (when they actually work) = QCD

The sound quality I get is as fuzzy as a warm blanket :mad:

EDIT: Fixed, I disabled 3D strereo enhance and it worked and also all other sounds were scratchy before disabling it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back