Items Displayed in "Neighbourg"

C

conn2

Hi,

I've set a domestic network between my Destop (XP Box) and my Laptop(Win98).
My XP Box is connected to Internet and is used as a gateway to Internet.
Every works fine: Folders, files, Internet connexion are shared ecah other in the 2 machines, no problem

My main issue is when clicked on "Network Neighbourg" item in My XP Box and I only see folders of this XP boX and no folders of the other machine..
To see the other machine and I have to clicked on "display the machines of the workgroup" to make the other machine and their folder to be displayed

My questions is: how to proceed to make the folders and files of the other machine to be displayed when clicking on "network neighbourgh"
More generally, how to configure Win XP to make the only folders I choose to be displayed in "Network neighbourg" item ?

Tahnks for answer

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
in XP on the sidebar select either "Entire Network->Microsoft Windows Network-><your workgroup>" or "View Workgroup Computers" to browse the rest of your LAN. Xp's My Network Places is different from Win98's Network Neighborhood

JJB6486

UniSol

I'm all ears
I had this problem, XP is only good with XP it seems, I got round it one time by changing the win98 ip to the one up from the one on the XP machine.

i.e.

Windows XP - IP 192.168.10.8 (autodetect)
Windows 90 - IP 192.168.10.9 (manual)

I have no idea why that worked but we could both browse the network after that.

Some people says it the Netbeiu....

Good luck:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut