Items Displayed in "Neighbourg"

C

conn2

Hi,

I've set a domestic network between my Destop (XP Box) and my Laptop(Win98).
My XP Box is connected to Internet and is used as a gateway to Internet.
Every works fine: Folders, files, Internet connexion are shared ecah other in the 2 machines, no problem

My main issue is when clicked on "Network Neighbourg" item in My XP Box and I only see folders of this XP boX and no folders of the other machine..
To see the other machine and I have to clicked on "display the machines of the workgroup" to make the other machine and their folder to be displayed

My questions is: how to proceed to make the folders and files of the other machine to be displayed when clicking on "network neighbourgh"
More generally, how to configure Win XP to make the only folders I choose to be displayed in "Network neighbourg" item ?

Tahnks for answer

in XP on the sidebar select either "Entire Network->Microsoft Windows Network-><your workgroup>" or "View Workgroup Computers" to browse the rest of your LAN. Xp's My Network Places is different from Win98's Network Neighborhood

JJB6486

I had this problem, XP is only good with XP it seems, I got round it one time by changing the win98 ip to the one up from the one on the XP machine.

i.e.

Windows XP - IP 192.168.10.8 (autodetect)
Windows 90 - IP 192.168.10.9 (manual)

I have no idea why that worked but we could both browse the network after that.

Some people says it the Netbeiu....

Good luck:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back