Is this tweak possible...?

S

Sooprmncntwlk

I'm using XP Professional and would like to view the size of files on the bottom of the screen in windows explorer without having to right click and hit properties (I used to be able to do this in Win 95, 98, Me, 2000). Is there an option to enable this in XP? Thanks!

S

Static 99

I have a Dutch version of XP, so i can only tell you that you have to go to View, and then check....eh Statusbalk.

Maybe this screendump will help

xsk8zerox

OSNN Senior Addict
Just to to system properties>advanced>performance settings> and check the box that says "Use common tasks in folders".
Another way is to go to view>status bar in an open folder and it shows the file size there but it only stays on that folder

S

Sooprmncntwlk

Sweet!

Will the "like current folder" not work for something like that? Thanks for the input all!

S

Static 99

Yes, i was just writing this: :D

"If you would like the same option for all folders.
Just open Explorer, check the Status bar option.
Then go to Tools --> Folder options --> View , and press "Apply to all folders". (hope i did a good translation)"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut