Is this tweak possible...?

S

Sooprmncntwlk

I'm using XP Professional and would like to view the size of files on the bottom of the screen in windows explorer without having to right click and hit properties (I used to be able to do this in Win 95, 98, Me, 2000). Is there an option to enable this in XP? Thanks!

I have a Dutch version of XP, so i can only tell you that you have to go to View, and then check....eh Statusbalk.

Maybe this screendump will help

Just to to system properties>advanced>performance settings> and check the box that says "Use common tasks in folders".
Another way is to go to view>status bar in an open folder and it shows the file size there but it only stays on that folder

Sweet!

Will the "like current folder" not work for something like that? Thanks for the input all!

Yes, i was just writing this: :D

"If you would like the same option for all folders.
Just open Explorer, check the Status bar option.
Then go to Tools --> Folder options --> View , and press "Apply to all folders". (hope i did a good translation)"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back