is there a way to run Outlook in taskbar?

W

Wicked00

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to run Outlook in taskbar so that it can notify me if I have mail or not. Anyone know if this is possible to do on XP Pro?

Also, is there a way to change the default sound of email alerts?

A

AmarSingh

to change the sound of new messages:

control panel->sounds and audio devices-> sounds tab

scroll down till you see new mail notification, select it and hit the browse button. Then find the wav file that you want to replace it with on your hard drive and click ok

A

AmarSingh

Originally posted by jenni-xox
this min.. ur outlook to the system tray
go to www.cnet.com go to their downloads and search in the downloads for out tray ..
that program is shareware......it gives a popup when you boot asking you to buy...its very annoying

if you want to be able to send any program to the tray, go to cnet and search for traymin....its freeware

the tweak xp method should work too if you only want to do it with outlook....or you can tweak the registry yourself. Find out how here

phishhead

OSNN Senior Addict
while we are on the outlook subject how the hell do you change the icon for office xp apps word change icon tab is greyed out and outlook I get the properties any suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopexoity