is there a way to run Outlook in taskbar?

W

Wicked00

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to run Outlook in taskbar so that it can notify me if I have mail or not. Anyone know if this is possible to do on XP Pro?

Also, is there a way to change the default sound of email alerts?

to change the sound of new messages:

control panel->sounds and audio devices-> sounds tab

scroll down till you see new mail notification, select it and hit the browse button. Then find the wav file that you want to replace it with on your hard drive and click ok

Originally posted by jenni-xox
this min.. ur outlook to the system tray
go to www.cnet.com go to their downloads and search in the downloads for out tray ..

that program is shareware......it gives a popup when you boot asking you to buy...its very annoying

if you want to be able to send any program to the tray, go to cnet and search for traymin....its freeware

the tweak xp method should work too if you only want to do it with outlook....or you can tweak the registry yourself. Find out how here

Thanks for all the info guys. This board really comes in handy :)

while we are on the outlook subject how the hell do you change the icon for office xp apps word change icon tab is greyed out and outlook I get the properties any suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back